Untha UK’s 3 month PR campaign to launch its range of state-of-the-art waste shredders achieved outstanding results.
Untha UK – a specialist waste shredding equipment supplier based in North Yorkshire – wished to maximise awareness of its role as the sole UK distributor of a new range of high performance waste shredding machines.
Developed by Austrian manufacturer UNTHA, the pioneering TR series of shredders is the first of their kind in the UK.
- To launch UNTHA’s TR series of shredding machines in the UK
- To maximise awareness of Riverside’s sole distributorship
- To attract visitors to Riverside’s stand at the RWM exhibition
- To position Riverside as the sector’s leading advocate of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) waste solutions and landfill waste reduction
Having developed a PR campaign that would use the Recycling and Waste Management exhibition at the NEC Birmingham (15-17th September 2009) – the largest exhibition of its kind in UK – as platform for the TR launch, Litmus had just 24 working days to get everything in place…
Campaign activity included:
- Pre-event press releases
- Journalist invitations and individual journalist product demonstrations
- Exhibition marketing materials e.g. handbook, website, newsletter, twitter
- New website content
- Post event releases
- TR case study/user story
- Authoritative comment articles
Measurement and evaluation
A short but fantastically successful campaign – the results speak for themselves!
- 150 leads were generated, which resulted in Riverside quoting for over £17m new shredding technology
- 23% increase in traffic to the stand
- All target media attended individual on-stand TR demonstrations
- 30 articles; all target media covered the launch of the TR series, as well as sector, local, regional and national publications
- Web traffic increased by 44%
- Litmus scheduled an independent engineer review of the TR shortly after RWM, which led to the shredder being likened to the Dyson vacuum
Results against objectives
Not only did the PR activity conclusively address all the identified objectives but managing director Chris Oldfield is now regularly approached by the press and digital media to provide authoritative comment on leading industry issues and has been invited to speak at the 2010 RWM seminar programme, alongside representatives from Tesco, Friends of the Earth, WRAP and Home Retail group.
This was Riverside’s first PR project; Litmus has been retained to continue maximising media awareness of the company and its products.