At Litmus we love getting to grips with highly technical topics – this one certainly floated our boat.
Leading piling and ground improvement specialists Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering tasked Litmus with maximising customer awareness of their marine vibro technique. The technique, which stabilises the ground in preparation for the construction or expansion of ports, is one of a host of techniques offered by the global company.
- To position BBGE as an international expert in marine vibro engineering within the port media
- To establish key messages – world leading expertise, innovative solutions, exceptional service, successful partnering
- To maximise awareness of BBGE’s specialist marine expertise within the UK construction and regional business press pertinent to each BBGE office
- To further enhance the BBGE’s position as a leading provider of piling and ground improvement techniques
- To assist BBGE’s new business team with presentation material
BBGE’s work at two Spanish ports formed the basis for this very focused PR campaign. Having identified the requirements of each of the target media Litmus set about maximising all PR opportunities.
Each PR activity was tailored for the specific audience, whether that was the overseas port media, UK construction press or the business media pertinent to BBGE regional offices.
Campaign activity included:
- Press releases highlighting key stages of progress for each contact
- Technical reports tailored to each contact’s requirements
- Journalist site visits
- Interviews with key publications
- Data sheets for new business enquiries
Measurement and evaluation
A short but very successful campaign:
- Over 40 separate pieces of coverage achieved
- 6 double page features within target media including 2 front covers
- Coverage in all identified international port and harbour media
- 3 journalist site visits from key UK construction media
- Interviews with all target international port publications
- Interviews with all key business media pertinent to BBGE’s regional offices
Results against objectives
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering was extremely pleased with the impact the PR created for them not only within the international port and UK construction media but with other companies operating in this sector.
Since the PR campaign BBGE has secured a vast amount of additional international port work and their business development team now incorporate the coverage achieved within their presentations to potential customers.